Friday, February 5, 2010

A little update

So much has gone on lately. I've been a busy. The blog isn't the only thing I've neglected lately. So we'll start with an apology.

I'm so sorry Cuddles and Patches. I still love you guys but man, the baby takes up a lot of my time. Itchy is a deadbeat (in the most lovingly kind sense of the word) so we all know he isn't going to help with you two. It'll get better. And then worse (Stowa is surely going to torture you both). But then better again. I promise.

Other than that things around here are weird. Itchy's dad is still annoying. We get to spend so much time together these days. I feel bad for him because I can tell he's sad so I let a lot of things go. I keep telling him he needs to find a new hobby. Something to take up some of his time. Like golf. Old people like golf right? Plus if he takes up golf he'll probably buy a golf cart. And if he buys a golf cart I can drive it around when we come to visit. I've always wanted a golf cart. I think when I get old I'm going to live in one of those communities where everyone just drives around in golf carts all day.

There's a little off topic tangent for ya! Anyway, FIL has decided that I am his confidant. He tells me a lot of things and always adds a "Don't tell anyone else, especially the boys". MIL and FIL's friends have also told me a lot of crap. Apparently, I come across as a great secret keeper. But let's get this straight. I can keep a secret. In fact I was told a secret in 1986 and still haven't told anyone. But if you tell me something about Itchy or about Itchy's family, I'm going to tell him.

Stowa is doing great. Lots of talking and smiles. She's hitting the milestones the book says she is suppose to be hitting. As I suspected, the 6 hour stretch of sleep was a fluke. The very next night she was up every 2 hours. Last night she stayed up until 2 am. For no apparent reason. Not crabby at all. Just didn't want to sleep. I blame FIL for getting her all riled up when we went up to say goodnight.

I've got other big news to share but Stowa is hungry so it'll have to wait.

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

They always say never gloat about your child sleeping through the night the first time. Wait until the third time and then it should be a habit.