Friday, May 31, 2013

House 5

Itchy and I both felt like house 5 was "our" house. We had both seen the listing online for the two years we spent looking at houses. Itchy liked it on paper more then I did but once I saw it in person, I totally felt like it was ours.

It's not perfect but I think we could make it really great. Now it had a pipe burst in December that caused some damage in the kitchen and bathroom. But the insurance company was paying for the repairs and they had already been started. We had questions about what they were doing (would they put in double sinks?, what color tile are they using?, if they accepted our offer would they let us pick out stuff?, etc). Our realtor said he'd talk to the listing agent.

Saturday night we practically picked out paint colors. We were both excited and it felt like it was really going to happen.

Fast forward to Monday. The owners decided to pull the house off the market until all of the repairs were done. They wouldn't even look at any offer that we might want to make. The contractor said it would take three weeks.

I was irrationally angry. I hated the owners for this. They had been trying to sell the place for at least 2 years and they finally have someone ready to make an offer and they pull it off the market? WTF! I had a feeling that they wanted to finish the repairs and then jack up the price. Which would make it over our budget. It was so depressing.

No comments: