Monday, December 19, 2011

Could this really be the end?

All good things must come to an end. It sure has been fun but I think it's time.

No, you're not that lucky. The blog isn't going anywhere. But I think Stowa's pacifier might be on the way out the door!

Today she was watching Sesame Street. Quick recap is that Elmo was helping someone (I think it was Telly) give up his paci. They had this little cartoon that showed a little baby using a paci, then the little girl grew and she no longer needed a paci. So this little girl decides to put her pacifier in an envelope and mail them to a baby that needed it.

WITHOUT any prompting from me, Stowa decides that she wants to do this too. I asked if she was sure. She insisted she was. I told her if we mailed her pacifiers, then she wouldn't have any. She was ok with this. So we put her pacifiers in an envelope and mailed them to a baby boy (she insisted it was a baby boy) who needed them.

Itchy and I have both told her how proud we are that she is such a nice girl. She must be very kind to give something she loves to another person. That baby is very lucky and he must be so happy to finally have a paci. Etc. We made it a big deal. I've promised a really awesome present if she can make it without it.

So we begin Day one of Operation No Paci. I can stay strong but I'm not sure Itchy can. I think come bedtime, he's going to cave. Stowa is use to having 2 pacis when she goes to bed. One to hold, one to use. Bedtime is going to be tough. But I think cold turkey is the way to go.

It's nap time right now and she fell asleep without it. She asked a bunch of times but I reminded her that we mailed them to a baby boy who needed it.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is the cutest thing I have read in a long time! Good job Stowa!

~CW