Sunday, July 6, 2008

I wonder if they can handle the responsibility?

Corporate sponsorship is a pretty good idea. It's nice to see big companies step up and help the community. They are already providing jobs and paychecks for a lot of people. But it's the extra step that makes them stand out. Like when banks sponsor educational programs. Or when cola companies sponsor sporting events. Everyone wins. The sponsors look good and the community benefits.

Here on the island, we see a good amount of corporate sponsors. We just had Music Fest, which had a ton of sponsors. Cricket is a big deal down here and there are always a lot of sponsors for the cricket tournaments.

One particular company seems to be going above and beyond though. It's a local development bank. I'm not really that familiar with the company but I think it's pretty much their job to help the island grow and thrive. So when we see them out there, putting effort into the community, we just know that they care a lot. I think everybody feels better when they see this sign:

Photobucket

I think some people are starting to get worried though. The Development Bank seems to be taking on too much. I mean look at their latest project:

Photobucket

Yeah, they adopted the grassy part of this roundabout. By themselves. No one is helping them with this. It's all up to them. This might just be what overextends them. What if they can't handle the responsibility? What's going to happen if they decide to back out? Who will take care of the roundabout? Think about what could happen to the roundabout. Won't somebody please think of the roundabout?

Like I said, I'm not really familiar with the Development Bank. This might be their only project. I've never seen any other signs around the island that indicate their work. I'm sure this project is a lot of work. It did take 4 days to put up the signs and the fence. Oh, you didn't notice the other sign? Yeah, there are two. Here look in this picture:
Photobucket

I just hope that this doesn't overwhelm the Development Bank. I'd hate to see a 20 foot diameter roundabout bring them down. The island needs them.

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is hilarious! I really hope Development Bank can fill all its promises to the roundabout! Happy to find your blog.