Friday, January 6, 2012

Shopping for a new tv

<p>After I got the kiddos to bed, I was sitting on the couch. I kept hearing a crackling sound. First I assumed Patches was being naughty. But she was sleeping nicely on the bean bag chair. Then I thought it was a bowl of rice crispies. But I only eat those in bar form so they wouldn't be snapping, crackling, or popping.</p>
<p>I asked Itchy if he heard it. He said no. I asked him to turn the tv down. Then, like magic, he heard it too. It was coming from the tv area. He acted like it was no big deal that a place that has a million things plugged in was making noise.

To humor me he went to look at it. Apparently the tv plug in was sparking and was freaking hot.

I think a.) we avoided a fire
b.) I'm not going to sleep well
c.) the fire extinguisher is going to be next to my bed
d.) we need a new tv

I'm sure there are people out there that would just live without it. But seriously, I like tv. What else would we do around here? Read and talk to each other?

No comments: