Friday, October 3, 2008

It's not true

You can all ignore the post before this one. It's just not true. This place is nothing like a civilized country. NOTHING. I take it all back.

We don't even have electricity anymore. Well, I do right now but it's limited. We only get to have electricity for about 10 hours a day. Yeah. Totally serious. Right now our hours are about 6 pm to 5 am. Good thing we stay up late so we can make good use of it. Otherwise we'd be sleeping our share of the electricity away.

Our local power station had a little fire. And by little fire I mean a huge fire. The two largest engines are done for. They have generators powering the entire island. Well, different parts of the island at different times of the day.

This is suppose to take WEEKS to fix. Weeks people. This is not funny. No power means no air conditioning. So I can't sleep because it's too hot (and I need the white noise). But why should I get up? There's no internet. No tv. Nothing. Itchy's at school. Next week I might just go to school with Itchy. They have generators there.

Send happy 'fixing the electricity machine' thoughts my way.

No comments: